April 8, 2022
Calling all elopement lovers! If you’re planning to elope for your big day, ideally in some epic place… this one’s for you! I am a huge desert lover, and a huge believer that it doesn’t get better than a desert elopement. This sweet, intimate Joshua Tree desert elopement was absolutely perfect; full of boho vibes, blue skies, and warm sunshine. Spending the day with Charlotte and Geoff was just as wonderful as it looks.
So if you’re planning to elope in Joshua Tree, California, here are a few tips to get you pointed in the right direction.
How to Elope in Joshua Tree
- Get a Permit – Head to the National Park Service for a step-by-step on how to obtain the exact permit you need to tie the knot in Joshua Tree.
- Plan in Advance – The weather in the desert is unpredictable. Charlotte and Geoff’s elopement was in February (which means there is usually snow on the ground in Joshua Tree). Do your research.
- Book a Photographer – Need I say more?! *cough cough* I’m ready to fit in your suitcase!
- Book an Aesthetic Airbnb – Just because you are going to the National Park or even to the areas surrounding the National Park, doesn’t mean you have to skip out on some really epic shots in your cute Airbnb. 10/10 recommend.
- Rent a Vehicle – If it’s a Jeep, even better 😉 For Charlotte and Geoff’s elopement, we used Turo! Turo is actually a peer-to-peer car-sharing company (honestly like Airbnb, just with vehicles instead of homes).
Eloping doesn’t need to be a stressful situation; make sure you do your research and you’ll be set! Now, time for you to enjoy Charlotte and Geoff’s intimate Joshua Tree desert elopement. If you’re looking for even more content, be sure to read up on my latest blogs located here. As always, I’d love to be friends over on Instagram (@michellegodfreyphoto).
Florals by Long Beach Flowers